Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Month

You would think being home all day I would have tons of blog posts, but for some reason, I never find the time! I always manage to figure out something else that needs to be done. Anyways... we have survived Levi's first month! It went very fast and I still cannot believe he is four weeks old. We are getting a schedule down pretty well now, and in return, Levi is sleeping pretty good for us. He had his longest stretch so far last night of five and a half hours. It was great! He usually sleeps between three and four hours before waking up, he eats, then goes back to bed. He had a few irritable nights, but thankfully they didn't last. We will take them here and there, but not in a row! We have had a busy month that is for sure...

Levi LOVES his bath, but doesn't love getting out of the bath as you can see below. We learned last week that giving him a bath before bed, makes him sleep much easier and he calms down right after he has his last feeding. SO bath every night it is!




The second weekend in June we braved a newborn and headed to the lake for Grant's Grandma Betty's birthday party. It went pretty well and he got to meet a lot of people! The weather wasn't as nice as we wanted it to be, but it was relaxing. He met his Great Grandma Betty at her party.



Then we have just been hanging out during the weeks and getting adjusted with our new family of three. My sister still has Kujo, I am not sure how that is going to work with Levi. She brought him over a few times to see how he did, but when he is sleeping we cannot really tell. The first time when Levi moved, Kujo lunged right at him and that will not work. So we will see how that goes.







My dad, Levi, and I stopped over at my Grandpa Pat and Papa Gene's house last week for Levi to meet them. He sure is getting out and about, thank goodness for it being summer! Here he is with his Great Grandma Pat, we will need to get a picture of him with Great Grandpa Gene next time we see him.



Then this last weekend, he was even busier with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in town as well as a wedding and a graduation party. Again, he sure gets around! Which we are thankful he doesn't mind being in his carseat. He got to meet his Great Grandma and Grandpa Hulscher as well as attend his first wedding.





This week, Levi finally got to see his buddy Carter. She has been sick the last couple of weeks so he has missed her! She was more than happy to sleep over the other night so she got lots of bonding time in with her little buddy. Sometimes, she likes getting right into his face to make sure he knows she is still here :)



I have been recovering well, still sore when I over due it, but overall, I would say I am doing good. Had a few bumps in the road, but managed to get by them. I am getting ansy to start working out after my 6 week appt, until then, Levi and I go for our daily walks. Grant is staying busy with work and an online summer class on top of being a dad, so he is getting exhausted at times! It is his birthday today and he gets to enjoy a concert tonight with his dad and brother. We are off to the cabin this weekend for the fourth, hopefully I will be able to work on my tan :) Here is the little guy yesterday, one month old....

No comments:

Post a Comment