Tuesday, February 9, 2010

23 Week Appt and U/S

I had both of my appointments right in the middle of this nasty snow storm, but was able to make it to both safely. I was a little worried Grant wasn't going to be able to make it to the ultra sound yesterday, but he did. However, baby wasn't cooperating very much and decided to get himself into a breech position. So, Grant didn't get to see him very well or moving around like I did at the first appt. And with the breech position, I didn't get any new pictures that were very good. She was able to get his little feet as you will see below, again not very clear pictures. Baby is weighing 1 pound, 1 ounce and 10.5 inches long. Right on track :)


At my appointment today, the first thing I asked was whether or not I needed to be concerned about this breech position. She reassured me, he still has a lot of growing and moving to do, so right now it is not a concern. Whew.... If he was breech at 36 weeks, then we would start discussing options. So I am hoping he starts moving his little butt around in there! His heartbeat today was 145 bpm and yesterday it was 166, so he must have settled down a little bit today. She said everything is right on track and has no concerns at this point. I only gained two pounds since my last appointment, and she was wanting five, so I guess I have some weight to gain. It feels like I have gained a lot! Here is me at 23 weeks, 3 days.


Other than my appts, nothing else too exciting has been going on on our front. Grant has been ice fishing a lot, going to hockey, and doing homework. I am in full baby mode so I have been moving things around, buying things (I think I am cut off now!), and starting to get stuff in the nursery. Grant's next task is to paint the nursery, or I have threatened him I will do it. :)We did go and get samples last weekend, so that is a start. We got our glider and changing table set-up this last weekend so things are on their way! Next appointment is March 9th and that will be the 1 hour glucose test (let's hope I pass!) and my regular OB check up. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment